Policy and Process for UW-Green Bay Departments
Thank you for your interest in utilizing the Weidner Center! We are excited to support the excellent work that our colleagues are doing in Academics, Recruitment and Advancement. Below you will find information about the facility and the process for requesting dates.
- Cofrin Hall – Best for large convenings, speakers, and performances.
2,021 Theatre • 150 – 400 Seated on Stage • 500 Stand-Up Reception
- Grand Foyer and Lobby – A versatile space for special events and meetings.
180 Theatre • 140 Seated • 500 Stand-Up Reception
- Fort Howard Hall – Retractable seating allows for an array of events from smaller recitals, performances, lectures, dinners, meetings, and receptions.
200 Theatre • 136 Seated • 250 Stand-Up Reception
- Studio One – Best for workshops, smaller meetings, receptions, intimate dinners, and classes (especially those that would benefit from a sprung floor and mirrored walls).
120 Theatre • 80 Seated • 120 Stand-Up Reception
- Signature Lounge – Ideal for medium gatherings, presentations, and dinners.
64-88 Stead • 150 Stand-Up Reception
- Patron’s Lounge – Conference room set-up for meetings and small gatherings.
24 Theatre • 24 Seated • 30 Stand-Up Reception
- Balcony Lobby – Best for medium sized meetings, presentations, and discussions.
80 Theatre • 80 Seated • 150 Stand-Up Reception
- Balcony Galleries (three) – Great for small meetings, discussions, group work, or breakout sessions in combination with group work in the Balcony Lobby.
20 Seated per Gallery (60 total)
Complete the survey to submit a request for dates. You will be asked to provide details for your event or activity including estimated attendance, a description of activity, special audio or equipment needs, length of time, etc.
- Facility rental will be waived for events that are non-revenue generating and for the purpose of academics, recruitment, and advancement.
- For ticketed events, base rent will be charged at 25% of total box office or the university rental rates* (whichever is less).
- For fee-based registration events, camps, classes, etc. base rent will e charged at the following rates:
- UW-Green Bay Sponsored K12 Performing Arts Education Camps will be charged for final performance dates only, base rent for training and rehearsal dates will be waived. Direct expenses associated with performance dates and a facility cleaning fee will apply. As with all waived rental dates, conditions listed under “Other Important Information” will apply.
- All other fee-based registration events will be charged at 10% of the total registration fess earned or the university rental rates* (whichever is less).
Once your date has been confirmed, you will receive an estimate of direct expenses associated with your event. The most common direct expenses are tech support, house managers, security and special equipment needs. Please remember that estimates include set-up and break-down times, not just the length of your event. If you have special food and beverage needs or media needs, we encourage you to work directly with Chartwells and Media Services.
Other Important Information:
- Because the Weidner is dependent on earned revenue, there are instances when high grossing performance opportunities become available and we do need to relocate events. In such instances, the Weidner will cover another campus rental cost up to the amount provided in the Weidner estimate. This is unlikely to occur within 4 – 6 weeks of a confirmed date.
- There are many more events taking place in the Weidner than are reflected on weidnercenter.com. Completing the survey is an important step in confirming availability of space.
- We encourage you to submit date requests by April 1 for consideration for the following academic year.
- The Weidner also offers not-for-profit rental rates that are about 50% of our market rates. We are happy to extend not-for-profit rates to those organizations with which our faculty and staff are associated, but we are unable to offer the UW-Green bay usage agreements to outside organizations.
*UW-Green Bay standard rental rates are for 4 hour blocks with the exception of Cofrin Family Hall which is a 14 hour block.
For questions, please contact us:
Stephanie Maufort, Program Manager/Venue Scheduling